Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Double D Challenges Flowers Galore

Time for a new challenge at Double D Challenges and is being hosted by
'Team Darlene'.
I Design For

As usual I had to join in as I just can't resist these beautiful mood boards!

The theme, using the inspiration mood board below is
'Flowers Galore'.



Sometimes I have the best ideas for what I am going to create,
sit down at my table and do some something totally different,
which is what I did with my project here.



I thought it would be fun to pull out one of my dies I haven't used
in quite some time, my window die (all dies I have used I will list below, most can be purchased at Dies R Us).
This is such a fun die to work with, as you can create about any scene you want.
If you look real close you will see I have a kitty slightly hidden in the plants.
Do you suppose the other kitty is waiting for him to come out and play?

Another great thing about this card as I was able to use numerous 'snippets' of scraps of paper to create this!

After making my flowers, I added 
Nuvo Crystal Drops Ebony Black 
to the center of each.
This stuff comes in 60 colors
plus there are glitter ones and glow in the dark drops.
I love using these fun drops!

Make sure and take a peek at the Double D Challenges
to be even more inspired by the DT creations,
these girls just keep raising the bar, challenge after challenge!

Entering the following challenges:
Pixie's Snippets Playground .... Snippets
Dream Valley .... Things With Wings
A Gem of a Challenge.... Spring Fever
Challenge Up Your Life .... Blossoms






Products used:
Dies:
Poppystamps Sm Madison Window,
Sm Flower Box, Sm Madison Window Shutter
Sylvan Sprig
Sue Wilson String Flowers
Impression Obsession Birdhouse, Birds, Cats
Memory Box Garden Pots
Cheery Lynn Designs Wreath Strip
Paper:  Authenique Faith

14 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

What a fun little scene you've created here Diane. Total cuteness!

Darlene said...

OMG this is just the cutest card ever! So glad you mentioned the little kitty in the flowers ... I would have missed him! I love the scene you have created and it's just like walking up to your house!! With all your gorgeous flowers, the bird houses and of course all you sweet kitty cats!! LOL GREAT job Diane ... awesome inspiration for using up those scraps too! Well done! Happy Day to you!!!!

Leslie Miller said...

Your window scene is so dang cute, Diane, it makes me want to go play with my dies. I do have some of these. Love the gingham curtains and the flower pots. Gosh, you put so much fun into this. It goes on... the bird house, the bluebird, the kitties... I just LOVE it!

Lisa said...

Oh, this is so adorable!! I love the window scene with the gingham curtains!! The bird on the birdhouse is fabulous!! And the sweet kitties!! I see so many dies I must have!! I love, love this, my friend!! Gorgeous!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Vicki said...

Sweet, Diane! You've created such a serene scene with the window. Love that gingham valance!!

Kathy Krug said...

Love all the details in this fabulous card. the red checked curtain the pots of flowers the bird hous, bird and cat are just greaat for this scene. Love it.

Donna Phelan said...

What a sweet, sweet scene! Don't you just love a window scene complete with potted plants? Aren't they the cutest! The shutter and greenery, cat and birdhouse are the perfect accents as are those plaid curtains--the perfect touch!

aussie aNNie said...

Okay, out comes my window die today, which I have not used for yonks....LOVE this and the gorgeous spring feel.xx ♥[aNNie]

Ros Crawford said...

Oh it's wonderful and I see ginger cat hiding! Sorry I didn't have time to join in this time...

Gina said...

Such a clever creation...and so beautiful! Love the addition of the little birds :D Thank you for joining in at Dream Valley Challenge XXX

Di said...

Wow Diane, this is absolutely adorable - so much detail! Brilliant use of snippets - ha, I love the kitty hiding indoors :)

Hugs

Di xx

Amelia Breytenbach said...

Beautiful scene you have created with these fabulous dies Diane! I love all the details and these small things make your card so extra special.

Claire said...

Awww so pretty complete with kitty cats, purrfect! :)

Steffie said...


Thank you for joining us at CUYL.
Hugs from Germany,
Steffie