Thursday, July 17, 2014

Day At The Beach

Hi All,
Here is my post that is going "live" today at
"Classy Cards 'n Such"
would love for you to stop by and leave some love
and why not join in our challenge with "us"??
There is always a great prize being offered!!

Hello Classy Friends, Diane here with you today on the blog
showcasing my card for this weeks challenge
"A Day At The Beach"...


I had a card in mind and totally changed my mind...
you might say I had a "vision" to make this one and really like how it turned out!!

I started building my card using "Nude Curious Metallic"....
Onto that I adhered a piece of glossy card stock that I had inked using
TH Distress inks....mimicking sea and sand....

I cut 2 sets of Spellbinders D-lite Cattails
3 sets of "Impression Obsession Grass" and adhered those over my cattails.....

Next I cut various shells from "Impression Obsession Shell Set"
My starfish was cut first from a piece of sand paper and a second one from
"Champaign Neenah Pearlized Metallic", one offsetting the other.


All my Shells were cut on white card stock, then "painted" with Twinkling H2os
using colors from Autumn Brilliance and Holiday Sparkle
I finished my scene by adding  "Impression Obsession Sea Birds"

I invite "YOU" to join us in our challenge this week....
take a "peek" at the inspiration the DT has for you...
you won't be disappointed!!

Entering the following challenges:
Creative Card Crew .... Sea/Beach
and
Connie Can Crop .... Under The Sea
and
Craft and Smash .... Shells, Sand and Sea
and
Live & Love Crafts .... By The Sea

24 comments:

Dr Sonia S V said...

Diane your card is so beautiful . Especially love the idea of offsetting the 2 star fish die cuts to make it 3 dimensional
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts Kids Projects

Ros Crawford said...

I love these beach themed cards ... You have some wonderful dies too ... this is lovely!

Mynn xx said...

This is absolutely GORGEOUS! I LOVE the layers and the beautiful dies you used! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Darlene said...

I just love the beach scene cards you've been making lately ... the dimension is FABULOUS and the colors are perfect! Makes me want to find an island somewhere and sit a spell! Great job Diane ... you go girl!

wannabcre8tive said...

I love your fabulous scene. I really like how you used the multiple dies together.

Leslie Miller said...

Oooh, I saw these dies yesterday when I was out shopping. They're awesome and you used them so perfectly on your card. Beautiful scene! Sometimes it's so hard to narrow down the choices to just a few. Love your peaceful, soothing card!

Graciellie Design said...

Very creative Diane! All the layering and dies, so pretty!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful card!!

Lisa said...

Oh wow, this is stunning, Diane!! I love everything beachy and this is just the perfect card!! All of the details are amazing!! I have got to get that Grass die!! Love, love it my friend!! It makes me happy to look at!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Debbie said...

Love the card! So fun to look at all the details!

Kristi said...

LOVE! You've made me want to go to the beach!♥

MaryH said...

This is definitely an inspiration card! I have the IO dies and the cattails. You've shown them to great advantage with this design and especially the inked background. The matting colors are perfect for a summer beach scene. Just cool & gorgeous. (and you can come play in the craft room any time! It would be fun to have a buddy to share with.) Will be looking forward to sharing your space - hey, we're all embarrassed by our mess. That's why the other room - which is really a tv room and for people! - I have stuff everywhere, and it needs to be put away, picked up! TFS & Hugs

Jenny Alia said...

Love this card Diane! Really Stunning!

Dwie lewe rączki said...

Great card! I can almost hear the sea :) Thanks for joining us at Creative Card Crew. Hope to see your work again.
Hugs, Yvonne

ufoide@gmail.com said...

very beautiful! Thanks for sharing with craft and smash

Unknown said...

Beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at Creative Card Crew with our Sea/Beach challenge!! Hope to see you again for next time Hugs Tania (DT)xx

frezja said...

great!!! lol :) Thank you for your participation in the challenge Craft&Smash :)

Tajanna said...

Iam impressed! Beautiful card. Congrats!

Perlilandia said...

I love the shells!!thanks for sharing on Craft and Smash!

Unknown said...

Very cool, lovely textures. Thanks for linking up to LLC's By the Sea challenge.

Hugz, Sandy
Owner & Operator @Live & Love Crafts

Simona said...

che meraviglioso lavoro!!!!! grazie di aver giocato su craft!

lovecraftingpaper said...

Your card is lovely! I found it on Craft and Smash challenge blog. I love the shells!

Mariangela

ufoide@gmail.com said...

you won on craft and smash. Write me at melaniascalfaro@yahoo.it to be our guest designer in september

Connie Can Crop said...

Your beach card is amazing! It looks so realistic and makes me wanna jump right into it! Thanks for entering at Connie Can Crop! Scrappy hugs!!